DIY: Create A Tape Marker Monster
Have you ever felt frustrated just to find where the end of your tape is? I am sure most of us have had that moment before. Slowly rolling the tape around and feeling the surface while hoping for the rough line to pop up! Here is a tutorial to help you find the end of your tape in a cute way!
- Cotton (filling)
- Hook and loop fastener/Velcrov
- Needle and thread
- Start by cutting three circles of the exact size (dia. 4 cm). The green is for the shell while the yellow is for the body. Divide the green circle into 4 equal parts.
- Draw a 3.5 cm (dia.) circle on top of one of the yellow circles and arrange the green felt so that they fit to the 3.5 cm circle.
- Sew the green felts on the yellow felt.
- Join the sides of each green felt and stuff some cotton before you close the shell with the last green felt.
- Cut a small piece of vinyl (1 cm x 3 cm) and get a red marker. Color the vinyl with your marker.
- This will be the tongue of the turtle, the ‘marker’ itself.
- Make the head of your turtle using two pieces of felt (dia. 1.5 cm; yellow and green), stuff cotton in between and sew. Do remember to leave a bit of opening for the red vinyl and don’t forget to add a pair of eyes for it.
- Make the hands and legs of the turtle and join all the body parts together by slotting the head, hands and legs between the shell and the other yellow circle you made in the beginning.
- Tape a tiny piece of Velcro in each pair of leg and hand.
- There you go, you are done.
- Join both ends together (tongue and tape), hook he Velcros and let your little monster sit on top of the tape.
Onellyantie is a craft blogger and at the same time, a 9-5 office worker from Indonesia.
She loves creating things and anything DIY! Beside crafts, Onel also enjoys book reading, video games and outdoor sports. Hoping to share and inspire people with her crafts, in the early year of 2012,
Onel started a craft blog, Onelmon: Crafting Experiments.