DIY Fashion: Make Your Own Mouse Ballet Flats
Most flats (the shoes, not the apartments) are sold plain with nothing to be proud of on them. So we asked Momita from Asturias, Spain for a DIY tutorial on how to dress up your boring flats. Check it out!
- Ballet flats
- A piece of leather or imitation leather, patent leather or any kind of fabric you preferred for the ears and nose.
- Fishing thread for the whiskers
- Thick thread (twine type)
- A large and thick needle and a thimble.
- 2 black buttons or those eyes sold for dummies.
- With the pencil you have to mark where the ears, eyes and nose will go.
- Then, Make a small cut to attach the ears and sew them by hand.
- Place the nose and sew it with regular stitches, use an awl if the fabric is too rough.
- Sew the eyes in its place.
- Attach the fishing thread unfolded to get some hard whiskers.
- On one side draw with the pencil a soft tail and make a few regular stitches.
There you go! Watch out for the cat!
Momita works in Administration in Valencia, where she moved 10 years ago. She lives with her husband and two cats.
Since she was a little girl she has always been fascinated with tailoring and even worked in tailoring companies for a while.