DIY Home Decor: Make A Mini Photo Album
Lowri McNabb from crafting blog PaperVine shows us how to make a simple photo album using one single sheet of 12 x 12 paper
- 1 sheet of 12" x 12" paper (use plain printer paper and a recycled packing cover for a super useful notebook.
- Sharp knife
- Glue (I used strong adhesive tape runner).
- Take a piece of 12”x12” paper and trim off four inches from one side.
- Take the 12”x8” piece and fold into 8 equal pieces as shown
- Using a sharp knife – make a cut through the paper from point a to b
- Fold the paper wrong sides together at the remaining intact fold
- Using the folds as a guide create a booklet
- Glue pages together as shown at c, d and e (I used a strong adhesive tape runner)
- You should have 3 pages of double thickness paper and 2 covers of single thickness
- Cut a 12x4” piece of paper and glue to one side of the book
- Turn book over and crease at the spine of the book firmly before gluing the other side of the cover. This will ensure a neat finish and mean there is enough paper over the spine to allow the book to open freely. To finish, trim off the excess paper from the cover with a sharp knife.
Once finished – decorate the inside with your favorite snapshots.
Lowri blogs at PaperVine - a blog packed with great papercrafting ideas and tutorials with the odd kids craft and cooking tip thrown in.
She is also the creator of 52reasonsiloveyou.com – a complete guide to making the most romantic gift you will ever give!
She lives in Marlborough , New Zealand with her husband and young family.