DIY Culinary: Fresh Wraps
No time to cook a meal? Feel like eating something fresh? Well here is something that you can whip up in a flash to satisfy your hunger!
You know you’ve ordered them in fast food chains. Yeah, you’re trying to avoid the junk food by ordering something healthy. But why pay such a high price when you can make it at home!
- Aluminum foil
- Left over meat (I had leftover BBQed chicken)
- Tortilla wraps (you can find these in the supermarket)
- Cream cheese (I like the ones that have herbs in them)
- Chopped lettuce (any type will do, as long they are fresh and crunchy!)
- Sliced Bell Pepper (I like the red ones, because they are sweeter)
- Sliced Tomatoes
- BBQ sauce (since I’m using BBQed chicken), but you can use anything! Yogurt is nice too!
- Sliced onions for the daredevils (I hate raw onions)
Once you have all your fresh veggies chopped and ready to go, take out a tortilla wrap and heat it in the microwave for 10 secs (or read instructions on the package).
Once its warm and fluffy, place it on a piece of aluminum foil, spread a line of cream cheese on it, and layer the BBQed chicken, lettuce, bell pepper and tomatoes. Add your favorite sauce to the layer and your almost done!
I fold mine like an envelope, and then wrap the aluminum foil around it so that it stays together. Open the top of the aluminum foil, and you’re ready to eat!
You can be creative and put other veggies like cucumbers or grilled eggplants! Use smoked salmon or add more cheese! Make it your own wrap!