DIY Culinary: Breakfast Egg Patty
This is a different take on McDonalds Egg McMuffin, a healthy version so you do not feel guilty afterwards. I skipped the butter, cheese, bacon and also used whole grain buns instead. To reduce calories I used turkey sausage and used grainy mustard instead of butter to spread on the buns
- I used 2 eggs per person
- Whole grain buns
- Salt to taste
- To season i used garlic and minced onion
- Turkey sausage cut into tiny pieces
- You can use an opened tuna can cut on both sides or egg rings to cook the eggs
- I have a cute mini sauce pan which is the perfect size for this recipe.
- Beat the eggs and season with,salt, garlic and onion pwd - keep aside. Then saute the sausages till brown in olive oil, now add in the beaten eggs
- Keep the flame low and cook,after 2 turn it gently and cook for another 2 min. (make sure to not overcook the eggs). Its done now. The sausages are hidden below so when you serve these everyone gets a good surprise.
- Spread mustard on the cut bun slices and add the fluffy egg patty in between. Serve hot with any fruit of your choice.
This recipe is brought to you by Amrita, an Indian living in Dubai. Being away from her family got her closer to her biggest passion, which is cooking, she creates recipes that are easy and totally stress-free and she posts most of them on her food blog.
She also takes great pride in being a mummy to her 6-year-old doberman, named Cerberus.
Learning,You tubing, DIY and Decorating are also some of the other things she loves. Her husband is her biggest support system and the motivation behind what she does. It is he who encourages her to be her creative best and follow her dreams.