DIY Home Decor: Make An Accordion Picture Frame
Dinner and a movie? DIY blogger Natalie Pirvey prefers crafting and a movie! Next time you are watching your favorite film, transform the DVD case into a handmade picture frame. DVD cases make great frames, with their thin black border and clear plastic cover that creates a glass-like shine for your photos. Attach two or more cases to create an accordion-like frame, perfect to display on that empty mantle!
- DVD Cases
- Cards, Decorative Paper and/or Photos
- Small Hinges (found at craft or hardware stores)
- Small Brads
- Glue Stick
- Glue Gun
- Pull out the paper jackets from the DVD cases and turn them over so the white side is facing up.
- Using a glue stick, attach your photos/decorative paper to the white side of the paper.
- Slide them back into the cases.
- Insert the brads into the hinges.
- Using a glue gun, attach the hinges onto the edges of the DVD cases to connect them. And voilà!
Natalie is an avid DIY-er. She started her blog, Crème de la Craft, for anyone who enjoys making things without having to take multiple trips to the craft store.
Every week, she posts DIY projects upcycled from everyday objects that you may already have around the house. She loves repurposing old items into her very own unique treasures inspired by some of today’s latest trends in home, design and fashion.
The crafting gene has followed her from birth, to her first job at 17-years-old as a crafts instructor, to where she is today…still crafting strong!